We’re happy to announce the new Plaza Social Club for older adults (and their families). Brought to you by both Rhoda Goldman Plaza and Jewish Family and Children’s Services, The Plaza Social Club offers older adults with a weekly gathering place, right here at our friendly community in the beautiful Lower Pacific Heights neighborhood.
For a nominal membership fee you can join weekly gatherings, fabulous lunch (locally-sourced ingredients and made from scratch), with an ongoing, ever-changing schedule of events and activities. Members are invited to bring a family member or a friend to your first visit and we will offer intergenerational and family-specific programming. And to make it easier to get out and about, we can help you arrange your own transportation.
The Plaza Social Club is about getting out of the house every week, and engaging with like-minded people who share common interests. Join us for fun, art, film, music, and workshops where members can mix and mingle, enjoy each other’s company and perhaps even make new friends and build friendships. It’s about being social benefits of being with others. As a member of the Plaza Social Club you’ll enjoy:
- A warm, welcoming community of like-minded peers
- Weekly gatherings at our beautiful campus in Lower Pacific Heights
- Delicious homemade lunches every week
- Thoughtful lectures, current events and art discussions, Jewish learning, films, intergenerational programming, relevant health and wellness presentations, music performances, and workshops on topics curated specifically for you
- Access to comprehensive services and presentations offered by experts from JFCS’ senior division, Seniors at Home
Now, San Francisco has its very own social club for older adults and all the more reason to say, “Meet me at the Plaza!”